MI command for obtaining symbol given an address

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 19:19:00 GMT 2011

Phil> I'm trying to use the MI interface to obtain the symbol for an address
Phil> (for example I'd use "info symbol 0x601260" at the CLI).

Phil> I can't find an equivalent command in the MI and none of the tricks I
Phil> tried to use such as creating variable objects for the address
Phil> location or using -data-read-memory-bytes (hoping it would provide
Phil> symbol names like "x/50w 0x601260" does) seem to help either. Is there
Phil> a way of obtaining symbol information through the MI?

I don't think so.
It seems like it would not be too hard to convert sym_info to use ui-out
and thus be MI-ready, though.

Tom