Specify frame by address

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 18:58:00 GMT 2011

Eli> The context of this is that I would like to write a command that
Eli> automatically goes to a frame within a call to a specific function,
Eli> because that command needs to access variables local to that function.

If you use "gdb --dbx" then the "func" command will select a frame given
the name of the function.

I wouldn't be averse to giving this command a different name and making
it always available.  We'll probably do something like this, maybe more
DWIMy though, as part of the frame filter project, like a generalized
"upto" for those who remember from the archer list.

Tom