Move myself to Authorized Committer

Richard Earnshaw rearnsha@arm.com
Fri Jan 28 16:43:00 GMT 2011

As a long standing GDB contributor my involvement with GDB goes well
back beyond the start of the GDB MAINTAINERS file.  When that file was
created I was relatively active on GDB and it made some sense for me to
be put down as a Responsible Maintainer for the ARM port.  These days,
although I'm still heavily involved with GNU tools work, the time I have
available for contributing to GDB is significantly less.

Unfortunately, the fact that I'm down as a responsible maintainers means
that I am now, in effect, becoming a road-block to the growing number of
engineers who are trying to contribute to the ARM port of GDB.  That's
not a desirable position to be in.

Consequently, after considering the various options and talking to some
of the global maintainers, I've decided that it would be best if I move
myself to being an Authorized Committer.  This should free up at the
very least the ability for the global maintainers to make and approve
changes to the ARM-specific parts of GDB and hopefully in time we will
gain additional people who have a specific interest in the ARM port who
can help in its maintenance.

I will continue to help with reviewing of GDB patches that relate to ARM
as time permits, but it is essential that I don't become part of the
problem.

R.