Question re: testsuite, "isnative", "is_remote" etc.

Michael Snyder msnyder@vmware.com
Thu Jan 13 19:04:00 GMT 2011

Nathan Froyd wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 03:14:13PM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
>> What's the recommended way of skipping a test case if it shouldn't run
>> remotely?
>
> I used [target_info exists use_gdb_stub] last time I fixed a test like
> this (gdb.base/break-entry.exp).

Yep, I've been tempted to use that too.  But I think "use_gdb_stub"
is still something different.  It was meant to refer to those old
stubs like i386-stub.c, not to gdbserver.  There used to be some
magic that you had to do, like this in break.c:

int
main (int argc, char **argv, char **envp)
{
#ifdef usestubs
     set_debug_traps();  /* set breakpoint 5 here */
     breakpoint();
#endif

and "use_gdb_stubs" was the corresponding bit for the .exp file.

I don't think it applies (or should apply) to gdbserver.