some questions about gdb

Keith Seitz keiths@redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 21:47:00 GMT 2011

On 01/10/2011 12:58 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> You can't do this.  You have to get a corresponding version of Insight.
> I don't know whether a new version of Insight has been released.

No, I haven't made a release since 6.8. Mostly because I didn't think no
one else was using it. There have been enough requests, though, to
warrant a release.

I will release Insight shortly after the next GDB release. I am just
fiddling with MinGW (which I hope to have "done" today-ish).

But as it is, you can grab a CVS snapshot of src/gdb/gdbtk and
src/libgui (and src/tcl, src/tk/, src/itcl if you need those) from the
around the same date as the release you're interested in.

If you want a 7.2 vintage Insight, CVS HEAD should work. Just drop in
src/gdb/gdbtk and src/libgui, and you should be able to build Insight.