Shared libraries and separate debugging files

Worley, Dale R (Dale) dworley@avaya.com
Fri Aug 26 03:40:00 GMT 2011

> From: Jan Kratochvil [jan.kratochvil@redhat.com]
>
> `set sysroot' and `set debug-file-directory' should be enough,

At this point, I can't remember whether "set debug-file-directory"
existed when I was trying to get this work, or whether I just
overlooked it.  In either case, the current documentation (in the info
file) is not good.  (At the least, some paragraphs refer to it as a
directory, others as a list of directories, and the adjective "global"
is present in some places and not others.)

What I really want is for the debug file location to be calculated
*before* the solib-absolute-prefix is applied to the shared library,
rather than after.  That would make things work very simply.

Dale