Break at address on darwin

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe@elis.ugent.be
Tue Aug 2 20:31:00 GMT 2011

On 02 Aug 2011, at 21:19, Ben L. Titzer wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you certain you are setting a breakpoint on an address (eg, b
>> 0x40000000)? Or is it a symbolic name (b main)?

Just to make sure: to put a breakpoint on an address, it's "b *0x40000000" (i.e., with an extra "*"; but you'd notice if you used the wrong syntax, since gdb would complain that it can't find a symbol with that name).

> It's an address. I ænow for sure it's being executed because it's the
> first instruction in the binary.

Actually, I've noticed on many platforms that breakpoints on the very first instruction don't work. Did you also try other instructions?

Jonas