Inspecting environment variables from a core dump?

Andreas Schwab schwab@linux-m68k.org
Wed Apr 20 09:56:00 GMT 2011

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> Does a core dump contain the environment of the program that dumped core?

A core dump contains the whole used address space of the program, and
the environment is of course part of it.

> If so, how can I inspect the environment variables?

The environment is always stored in the variable environ.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org