[Python] Input from user from extended breakpoint `stop' function

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon@redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 21:30:00 GMT 2011

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure what is going on here.  It seems GDB is not acting
>> correctly with the SIGTTIN.  I really do not know this area of GDB at
>> all.
>
> The terminal still belongs to the inferior.  Before gdb is doing any
> input it must call terminal_ours.

Thanks, that is good info. I did not know that.  I wonder if we should
call that before handing over control to the python executed script in
the breakpoint "stop" callback? Or maybe provide a Python API call to
turn control of the TTY to GDB and likewise to the inferior.

Any opinions on this would be great. What do you (all) think?

Cheers

Phil