print_npx_status_word

Baars, M.J. mjbaars1977.gdb@gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:01:00 GMT 2011

On 04/18/2011 07:03 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
> [...]
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply, for your convenience I attached a slightly
different version already.
> Michael>  Oops... did I remove one of your entries in the ChangeLog? :)
>
> As others have noted, ChangeLog is "prepend only".
> We generally don't edit old entries.
As I stated before, it would be unwise though to keep unmaintained
function names in the log entries. You can apply the changes optionally,
but I strongly advise against retaining the original log entries.
> Michael>  +struct
> Michael>  +{
> Michael>  +	char *tag;
> Michael>  +	char *description;
> Michael>  +}
>
> Wrong indentation here, should be 2 spaces.
> Fields should have descriptive comments.
> I think the struct should have a tag and be terminated here.
> Also the fields should be "const".
Here you are completely right, I added the 'const' operators. If you
don't like the indentation, I suggest you instead modify you
tab-settings locally. Personally I'm used programming with a little more
space than.
> Michael>  +static const npx_exception_flags[6] =
> Michael>  +
> Michael>  +{
> Michael>  +	{"IE", "invalid operation"},
>
> Wrong indentation.  This is a problem in the whole patch.
>
> Michael>  +// print the numeric coprocessor extension (npx) status word
>
> No `//' comments.
I have taken this into account, does that also hold for inline comments?
> Comments should be full sentences, see GNU standards.
>
> Michael>  +void print_npx_status_word(uint16_t npx_status_word, struct ui_file *file)
>
> Newline after "void".
> Space before "(" -- a problem in a few spots.
> Again, GNU standards.
Hope you'll make an exception here, I like the code better this way :)
> Tom
Regards,
Michael.