checkpoints vs multithreaded programs

przemekk834a przemekk834a@o2.pl
Fri Apr 8 08:54:00 GMT 2011

Hello,

Recently I've found the following message on the bugs list:

[Bug threads/12628] New: GDB checkpoint can't/shouldn't be possible with multiple threads on Linux

I have a quick question: does it mean that checkpoint support for multithreaded programs will be removed from future versions of GDB? (If I understand correctly this never have been working due to Linux system limitations).

I'm asking because I write a GUI frontend for GDB and I consider adding GUI for checkpoints -- but with single-thread limitation I doubt this makes much sense.

Best regards,
Przemek Kuczmierczyk