"Debug after fail lib" feature

kotomart kotomart@gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:11:00 GMT 2011

There is another one pretty good (from my point of view) feature.
Short, and maybe rough, description:

This feature is a cross-platform (thought that's meters) library, that
can be included in the target application. If the application fails,
does not meter why, with this library included the gdb screen will
appear and provide an ability to see what happened with an
application. I thought that is too easy, but after a little reading
about application failures I have changed this opinion.

Is this feature useful? Is it already implemented? If useful and not
implemented, which of this and this (
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2011-03/msg00178.html ) one fits better
for GSoC?