multi-{inferior,exec}

Nenad Vukicevic nenad@intrepid.com
Tue Sep 7 21:50:00 GMT 2010

  On 9/7/2010 2:34 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 11:03:48AM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> This sounds like the "barrier" feature in HPD.
>> A patch for this would be interesting, too.
>>
>> I am curious though -- what is it useful for?
> Think about this in terms of, for example, automatically parallelized
> OpenMP code.  If you have a parallel region, it's handy to examine all
> threads at that point.  I don't know if this would work better in UPC
> than it would in OpenMP though; you can have code executed in only
> some threads...

Also, think about 32 or more threads printing breakpoint announcments.
:) As all
UPC threads execute the same code, but work on different sets of data,
you look at all of them as only one program.

UPC has a "upc_barrier" statement that all threads need to arrive before
going forward. At that point your shared space is consistent and it is a
natural
place to stop.

Nenad