New features for GDB under Windows

asmwarrior asmwarrior@gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 04:04:00 GMT 2010

  On 3:59, Martin Rosenau wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm new to the GDB project so I do not know if this is the correct place
> to post this message.
>
> 5 months ago I wrote some enhancements for GDB under Windows.
> Unfortunately I did not patch GDB 7.x but only 5.2.1 because this was
> the latest version available for the Mingw system under Windows.

As far as I know, there is a gdb mingw download page, see here:
https://sourceforge.net/downloads/mingw/MinGW/BaseSystem/GDB/
Five monthes ago, it should be at least gdb 6.8.3. or gdb 7.x.

> I added the following functionality that was only available under Unix
> before:
> - Remote debugging using TCP/IP
> - Remote debugging using pipes (other program's stdin/stdout)
>
> And the new feature:
> - Remote debugging using special DLLs (this is faster than TCP/IP or
> pipes and allows you to add new hardware targets - like JTAG adapters -
> without re-compiling the entire GDB)
>
> I wonder if these features are of interest and if yes how I can post it
> to the GDB project.

These are nice features, and you can follow the direction here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/contribute/

asmwarrior (ollydbg from codeblocks' forum)