MIPS: 64-bit DWARF

Thomas Schwinge thomas@codesourcery.com
Fri Jul 16 11:22:00 GMT 2010

Hello!

On 2010-07-14 18:44, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, David Daney wrote:
>> > Here is the patch that I tested for (a non-HEAD version of) binutils.
>> > This makes prelink happy, and there are no regressions in the GDB
>> > testsuite.  (Anything else to test?)  I left in the 64-bit stuff for
>> > TE_IRIX, as I have no idea about it.
>>
>> How was it tested?

I developed / applied the patch using a tree with non-HEAD sources, and
(re-)built a complete mips-linux-gnu toolchain (GCC has been built with
``--enable-mips-nonpic --with-arch32=4kc --with-arch64=5kf''), then ran
all binutils and GDB regression test suites for the following multilibs
/ switches, and compared to baseline sources:

    ".;"
    ".;@mabi=64"
    "mel;@mel"
    "hard-float;@mhard-float"
    "hard-float;@mhard-float@mabi=n32"
    "hard-float;@mhard-float@mabi=64"
    "hard-float/vr5500;@mhard-float@march=vr5500"
    "mel/hard-float;@mel@mhard-float"
    "mel/hard-float;@mel@mhard-float@mabi=n32"
    "mel/hard-float;@mel@mhard-float@mabi=64"
    "octeon;@march=octeon@mabi=n32"
    "octeon;@march=octeon@mabi=64"
    "octeon2;@march=octeon2@mabi=n32"
    "octeon2;@march=octeon2@mabi=64"
    "uclibc;@muclibc"
    "uclibc/mel;@muclibc@mel"

>> Have you tested mips64-linux-gnu with -mabi=64?

I've now running the same testing on HEAD sources for a
mips64el-linux-gnu toolchain for:

        ".;"
        ".;@mabi=32"
        ".;@mabi=64"

I'll post the results once that's finished.

>  The change needs to be properly tested of course to see if it does not
> uncover an odd bug somewhere, but in principle I consider it the right and
> necessary move.

Is there anything else I should be testing?

Regards,
 Thomas