GDB 7.0.90 available for testing

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Fri Feb 19 16:52:00 GMT 2010

> I guessed as much - binutils and gcc are more restrictive, ... and
> unless I am in error, gdb once also was :(

I don't remember that it was, but I might be wrong.  GDB is unfortunately
one of these projects where a lot of knowledge is undocumented.  We are
trying to be better, by documenting any convention and decision that
we make, but it's still far from perfect.

> Note: It did not fail at build-time - Building went absolutely
> smoothless -- gdb crashed at run-time!

Right - I meant run-time, not build-time.

I don't feel like this is a real problem, but others might disagree.

--
Joel