GDB 7.0.90 available for testing

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius@rtems.org
Fri Feb 19 16:26:00 GMT 2010

On 02/19/2010 02:20 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just finished creating the gdb-7.0.90 pre-release.
> It is available for download at the following location:
>
>      ftp://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/branch/gdb-7.0.90.tar.bz2
>
> A gzip'ed version is also available: gdb-7.0.90.tar.gz.
>
> Please give it a test if you can and report any problems you might find.

While test-building gdb-7.0.90 packages for RTEMS, I noticed gdb's
configure scripts doesn't seem to be detecting invalid targets.

For example configure accepts --target=bfin-rtems4.10 without any
complaint and subsequently builds binaries.

However these binaries fail badly at run-time:

# bfin-rtems4.10-gdb
../../gdb-7.0.90/gdb/arch-utils.c:648: internal-error:
initialize_current_architecture: Selection of initial architecture failed
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
../../gdb-7.0.90/gdb/arch-utils.c:648: internal-error:
initialize_current_architecture: Selection of initial architecture failed
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
Aborted (core dumped)

[A far as bfin-* targets are concerned, this issue already existed in
previous gdb-versions.]

Ralf