[gdb-7.1] new branching dates...

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Fri Feb 12 05:43:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

gdb-7.1 branching was scheduled for Feb 10, but we still have a few
items on the list that need to be done. Actually, I think it's only
one patch, now, for PIE, which is up for review:

    [Jan] PIE support extension for biarch (64->32) mode.

There is one documented issue where we will likely just apply
a workaround on the branch:

    Apply one of the workarounds from PR 10966 to the branch

The last item is about documentation. It's been there forever, so
I don't know how relevant it still is. I've asked Volodya to confirm,
but I suggest we do not make this blocking for the branch, just for
the release (that gives us another couple of weeks to get this done).

I'll take care of applying the work-around. Hopefully we can review
Jan's patch quickly
(http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2010-02/msg00289.html), and
create the branch early next week.

--