cross debug glibc loader problem

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil@redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 22:02:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:59:26 +0100, Matt Rice wrote:
> > Maybe I've missed something important when following instruction at
> > http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/wiki/Debugging/Loader_Debugging

These instructions were written before the PIE patch so they should work even
with older version GDB.  Still I do not have experience with this part.
The errors like
	"Cannot access memory at address 0x32a14"
for debugging glibc-related stuff got fixed by the PIE patch for me (x86*).

> and i'm not really aware of the current status.

The basic functionality is in FSF GDB HEAD now, maybe you can add just:
	[patch] Fix PIE for 64bit gdb -> 32bit inferior
	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2010-02/msg00289.html
(unaware of your MIPS setup)

Thanks,
Jan