cross debug glibc loader problem

Amker.Cheng amker.cheng@gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:12:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:45 AM, Matt Rice <ratmice@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Amker.Cheng <amker.cheng@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would try it out with gdb from cvs, and if that doesn't work
> investigate Jan Kratochvil's recent PIE: series of threads on the
> gdb-patches list (at least some of which have been integrated), as I
> am lead to believe from the first thread in the series that those
> patches covered debugging ld.so.

Thanks, but I trid gdb-7.0.1 in two ways, both facing the same problem:

1 : cross debug using gdb-7.0.1;
2 : native debug using gdb-7.0.1, which was built for and running
under mipsel-linux;

gdb always complains about "Cannot access memory at address 0x32a14"

Maybe I've missed something important when following instruction at
http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/wiki/Debugging/Loader_Debugging

Thanks again.

--
Best Regards.