Does GDB have some way to handle the LKM when debug the Linux-Kernel

Daniel Jacobowitz dan@codesourcery.com
Thu Feb 4 14:03:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 03:08:50PM +0800, Hui Zhu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use GDB to debug a Kernel that running on the QEMU.  The GDB
> cannot get the debug message from lkm.
>
> I just can load this debug message with my hand:
> 1. Get the right module from modules.  It need parse the struct list.
> 2. p module->module_core get the mod address.
> 3. add-symbol-file mode.ko address
>
> Do we have some easy way to handle it?

Not yet, but the plan is to have Python support for automatically

An initial version was posted here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2009-06/msg00109.html

You can probably find me talking about the requirements in the list
archives in a couple of places.  Ideally, I want a Python hook to
GDB's shared library mechanism instead of using add-symbol-file.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery