[gdb-7.1] 10 days to branching...

Kai Tietz ktietz70@googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:02:00 GMT 2010

2010/2/2 Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d@gmail.com>:
>> I don't know - I had never heard of anyone doing this kind of build
>> before:  From what I can tell, you are building a MinGW debugger using
>> a cygwin compiler.  If no one answered, it's probably because no one
>> has anything to say (including: "that ought to work").  Have you tried
>> using a MinGW compiler instead?
>
> For the mingw-w64 build, I did indeed build from within Cygwin using
> the mingw-w64 cross compiling toolchain provided by the mingw-w64
> project.  For the MinGW32 binary I built it using MSYS and the MinGW
> compiler.  In both cases this is the method I used to the build the
> 7.0.1 binary.

Yes, I can confirm that buiding on a cygwin host by a valid
cross-compiler is working nicely. I justed tried, and for me it still
works. Possibly an issue about passed configure options?

Just one point I found today. The new break-point handling seems to
have problems in certain ways for me (at least on win32 versions). I
get in case of setting breakpoints in Obj-C always the assertation
'set_raw_breakpoint: Assertation sal.pspace != NULL' failed'. This is
new and is somehow related to recent enhancements to breakpoint
handling.

Regards,
Kai