GDB hardware watchpoint information on i386

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil@redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 06:58:00 GMT 2010

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 06:10:31 +0200, Shrikanth Kamath wrote:
> I am specifically looking for information about "hooking" my own handler to
> service the watchpoint interrupt rather than needing to invoke a GDB session
> and press 'c'.

Besides GDB hacking isn't it enough for you to use `commands' with `continue'
and associate arbitrary commands (`backtrace' here) in the GDB CLI interface?

Regards,
Jan

(gdb) watch v
Hardware watchpoint 1: v
(gdb) commands
Type commands for when breakpoint 1 is hit, one per line.
End with a line saying just "end".
>backtrace
>continue
>end