GDB hardware watchpoint information on i386

paawan oza paawan1982@yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 05:53:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

basically sigtrap is generated and gdb comes out of my_waitpid function.
so do you want to hook handler on every watchpoint trap or you want to just hook
if at all watchpoint expression match ?

Regards,
Oza.

----- Original Message ----
From: Shrikanth Kamath <shrikanth07@gmail.com>
To: gdb@sourceware.org
Sent: Mon, August 2, 2010 9:40:31 AM
Subject: GDB hardware watchpoint information on i386

Is there information on how a GDB hardware watchpoint works on a i386.
More like internals of its working,
right from when the hardware watchpoint triggers a trap from processor
perspective(i386 processor supporting
hardware watchpoint).
Which function gets called in GDB to handle this? I am specifically
looking for information about "hooking" my
own handler to service the watchpoint interrupt rather than needing to
invoke a GDB session and press 'c'.

--
Shrikanth R K