[gdb-7.0 release] 2009-09-02 status and proposed plan

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Thu Sep 17 01:02:00 GMT 2009


> Oh yeah, and there's the Reverese MI patches that would be nice to have
> in 7.0.  I believe everything was approved but it is delayed by
> the assignment.  I guess there's nothing to do about that
> until the legal stuff is resolved.  Hopefully it can be
> accepted after the branch.

I will not hide that adding patches of this kind, that could potentially
affect all platforms, are making me very nervous. Given that the patches
were already approved before the branch was created, I would not have had
any problem if the patches were applied right now, but I have a feeling
that the paperwork will take time to come through.  Applying just before
the release seems like a bad idea to me.

Please remind us again when the paperwork is done, and we can decide
then. If 7.0 is already out, then we don't have to make any tough
decision.

-- 
Joel



More information about the Gdb mailing list