MI *stopped event with CLI commands
Nick Roberts
nickrob@snap.net.nz
Mon Jan 12 11:36:00 GMT 2009
> I could switch to async mode to solve this problem, but
> I'm hesitant to do so because it may have side-effects to
> DSF-GDB that I may not be aware of.
Also very few targets currently support async mode. Linux, remote, Dicos?
> Except for this bug,
> I'm not too sure on the advantages of async-mode for DSF-GDB.
Non-stop mode seems to require async-mode but I'm not sure why it doesn't
enable it automatically.
> So, if you feel this bug can be fixed, I will probably wait
> for the fix, instead of risking going to async-mode.
It's not really a bug because CLI execution commands have never generated full
MI output in synchronous mode. I think synchronous really means that control
stays with the interpreter that issues the execution command until *after*
execution has finished. So any MI output, in this case, is really faked
output.
--
Nick http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob
More information about the Gdb
mailing list