GDB Remote protocol error codes

David Howells dhowells@redhat.com
Sun Feb 15 22:37:00 GMT 2009

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:

> > I need to know this so that I can fix up the error returns made by the FRV
> > arch gdbstub in the Linux kernel.
>
> Fix up relative to what?  As Jeremy said, the numbers are mostly
> ignored.

I've been given a patch by Roel Kluin to fix the error numbers generated by
the GDB stub in the FRV arch of the Linux kernel, but I've no real idea if
what the patch does is correct, or whether what's there already is correct, or
if neither is correct.

Even if GDB currently ignores the codes, it would be good to have a definition
of what they *ought* to be, so should gdb be fixed to make use of them at
sometime in the future, the kernel will be already correct.

David