Trouble with GDB/MI output

Nick Roberts nickrob@snap.net.nz
Sat Feb 14 20:32:00 GMT 2009

 > The funny thing is the program output seems to go straight to my
 > terminal, making redirection useless. I get this warning:
 >
 > &"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not permitted\n"

Thiago Bauermann fixed a bug in GDB, just after the release of 6.8, to allow
GDB to set the controlling terminal of the inferior.  You don't say what
version of GDB you are using but, assuming it's 6.8 or earlier, you could try
GDB in the CVS repository (or a snapshot) to see if that works with your CPAN
module.