Problem setting a breakpoint at a location containing spaces (using MI)
Francois Chouinard
fchouinard@gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:02:00 GMT 2009
Hi,
I know this sounds supremely basic but, using MI, what would be the
syntax to insert a breakpoint when specifying a location containing
spaces?
E.g. (w/ gdb 6.8):
(gdb)
-break-insert "../src/DSF Hello World.c:16"
&"Function \"\" not defined.\n"
^error,msg="Function \"\" not defined."
(gdb)
-break-insert "../src/DSF\ Hello\ World.c:16"
&"Function \"\" not defined.\n"
^error,msg="Function \"\" not defined."
(gdb)
-break-insert "../src/DSF\\ Hello\\ World.c:16"
&"Function \"\" not defined.\n"
^error,msg="Function \"\" not defined."
(gdb)
It tried a few other variants (involving creative use of double quotes
and backslashes :-) but they didn't work either...
Is there a protocol limitation? I know it works well with CLI but I
wonder what is the correct variant to make it work with MI.
Also, wasn't it working in the past?
Thanks,
/fc
More information about the Gdb
mailing list