Problem setting a breakpoint at a location containing spaces (using MI)

Francois Chouinard fchouinard@gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:02:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I know this sounds supremely basic but, using MI, what would be the
syntax to insert a breakpoint when specifying a location containing
spaces?

E.g. (w/ gdb 6.8):

(gdb)
-break-insert "../src/DSF Hello World.c:16"
&"Function \"\" not defined.\n"
^error,msg="Function \"\" not defined."
(gdb)
-break-insert "../src/DSF\ Hello\ World.c:16"
&"Function \"\" not defined.\n"
^error,msg="Function \"\" not defined."
(gdb)
-break-insert "../src/DSF\\ Hello\\ World.c:16"
&"Function \"\" not defined.\n"
^error,msg="Function \"\" not defined."
(gdb)

It tried a few other variants (involving creative use of double quotes
and backslashes :-) but they didn't work either...

Is there a protocol limitation? I know it works well with CLI but I
wonder what is the correct variant to make it work with MI.

Also, wasn't it working in the past?

Thanks,
/fc