Regression

Pedro Alves pedro@codesourcery.com
Tue Feb 10 19:18:00 GMT 2009

Extended this a bit more:

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 18:39:04, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Indeed.  OpenBSD/i386 (as well as NetBSD, FreeBSD and probably Darwin)
> clears the trace bit before running the signal handler.

We don't see the problem on linux, since there's a stop and
resume *right at the begining* of the signal handler, due to the
single-step entering the signal handler.  GDB happens
to re-install breakpoints in the inferior in that resume.  This
happens *before* the inferior's flow passing by the instruction
where there's a breakpoint at ("break handle_USR1" is installed
after the prologue).

--
Pedro Alves