Regression

Mark Kettenis mark.kettenis@xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 10 15:47:00 GMT 2009

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:26:57 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:17:08PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > The following commit breaks the signal command on OpenBSD.  Can you
> > please revert it for now?
>
> I'd rather fix OpenBSD than rebreak Linux.  Could you expand on the
> problem?

I don't quite understand what's happening here, but I get the
following new failure:

FAIL: gdb.base/annota1.exp: send SIGUSR1

and some more fallout from that (and similar failures in annota3.exp).
It seems that if we've just hit a breakpoint and then do "signal
SIGUSR1" we never enter the signal handler or ignore the breakpoint in
the signal handler.

I'm somewhat surprised to hear that the same test doesn't fail on x86
Linux for you.