Help needed with browsing GDB code

Nityananda j.nityananda@gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:26:00 GMT 2009

Hi,
My name is Nityananda. I am reading the source code of GDB and was
stuck unable to find a certain part of the code. I am looking for how
GDB obtains the address of stack local variables. I am seeing some
code related to frame_info but do not know how it actually works. I am
also looking at the GDB internals document but it does not have
information to the level of granularity that I need.
Can someone please help me find the exact code that is used for
reading the address of the stack local variables.
I plan to write some code that is similar to GDB's in order to find
the location of stack local variables of a running program.

Thanks and regards,
Nityananda