[OPTERON/x86_64] - can't debug while setting breakpoint

François Chenais francois@chenais.net
Thu Feb 5 19:16:00 GMT 2009

Daniel Jacobowitz a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 07:49:08PM +0100, François Chenais wrote:
>> I've done the test on 5 Amd opteron x86_64 hosts with Cent OS 5.2
>>     - The error occurs on 3/5.
>
> Check that they're all running the same kernel version, check for
> kernel updates.  This does not sound like a GDB problem.

They are running the same kernel !

Effectively, I don't think it's a gdb problem because the error occurs
for the others debuggers.

I have checked the list and the versions of packages installed, the
configuration, all seems identical.

What can make the debuggers fail while setting breakpoints ?