reverse-next doing repeated reverse-stepi's ?

Michael Snyder msnyder@vmware.com
Wed Dec 23 18:15:00 GMT 2009

Julian Smith wrote:
> I've been trying out reverse-next with UndoDB as a remote debug server,
> and it looks like reverse-next works by doing repeated
> `bs' (reverse-stepi) commands.
>
> I was expecting it to set breakpoints and do `bc' (reverse-continue)
> commands, by analogy with normal forwards step etc.
>
> Am i doing something wrong here ? Or is this the expected behaviour ?

Short answer: this is expected behavior.

Forward-next works the same way, in general.
Both forward-next and reverse-next will set breakpoints
under some circumstances, but will often work by
singlestepping.