Cross-platform, multithreaded debugging (x86 to ARM) with gdb and gdbserver not recognizing threads

Paul Pluzhnikov ppluzhnikov@google.com
Thu Dec 17 04:44:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Jason Machacek <jmachacek@stratos.com> wrote:

> Can anyone help me figure out why I'm unable to get
> gdb/gdbserver to work properly with my target?

A couple of questions:
- Does gdbserver config.log mention libthread_db.so, and if so, which one?
- Does ldd gdbserver on target show libthread_db.so, and if so, is the
right one? (Should come from the same compilation from which libc.so.6
and libpthread.so.0 came.)
- Is libpthread.so.0 on target stripped?

Most of the "SIG32" problems come from stripped libpthread.so.0 or
libpthread/libthread_db mismatch.

Good luck!
--
Paul Pluzhnikov