32 bit applcaition debugging with 64bit gdb on 64bit machine

paawan oza paawan1982@yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 13:24:00 GMT 2009

Yes. I was talking about intel arch.

Today I was trying to run following things.

1) 64 bit gdb with 32 bit inferior (compiled with -m32 option) on x86_64 arch.
I ran gdb testesuite. some gcore related test cases were failing on gdb 6.8.
I think gcore related things are not fixed in gdb 7.0 , may be.

2) 32 bit gdb (compiled using -m32) with 32 bit inferior also showed some varied results on x86_64 compare to native 32 bit gdb with 32 bit inferior on x86_64
I am not very sure about the reasons about the above point.

3) Is there any patch for 6.8 for gcore fix for point-1 ?

Regards,
Oza.