DWARF2 support in tracepoint implementation

Markusson Christoffer christoffer.markusson@scania.com
Tue Sep 30 06:55:00 GMT 2008

When trying to define actions during a tracepoint experiment I get the
error message:

"don't know symbol class 20"

E.g.

(gdb) info scope 57
Scope for 57:
Symbol ix_U08 is a variable with complex or multiple locations (DWARF2),
length 1.
Symbol u15_Bs is a variable with complex or multiple locations (DWARF2),
length 2.
(gdb) trace 57
Tracepoint 1 at 0x104070: file C:\test.c, line 57.
(gdb) actions
Enter actions for tracepoint 1, one per line.
End with a line saying just "end".
> collect ix_U08
> end
(gdb) passcount 10
Setting tracepoint 1's passcount to 10
(gdb) tstart
ix_U08: don't know symbol class 20

I read an old post (http://www.cygwin.com/ml/gdb/2006-03/msg00140.html)
saying that this is because the tracepoint implementation in GDB (I'm
using version 6.8) does not support the DWARF2 debug format. Is this
still true, and if so, are there any plans on supporting this?

Regards,
Christoffer