Problem (and solution) building from CVS

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 17:15:00 GMT 2008

Jeremy> CVS and its GIT mirror should not differ (I don't think it's a
Jeremy> transient of today). That needs checking.

We purposely omitted gdbtk from the git mirror.

My impression is that few gdb developers regularly build gdbtk.  I
think that most times I have tried it in the past 6 months or so, it
has failed to build for one reason or another.  (There are windows
where it builds, but it is usually quickly broken again.)

One could argue that the git decision was a bad choice.  To my mind it
just reflects gdbtk's own state -- limbo.

Tom