Problem (and solution) building from CVS

Jeremy Bennett jeremy.bennett@embecosm.com
Tue Sep 16 13:25:00 GMT 2008

I ran into problems building from the CVS tree earlier today. I checked
out the GDB tree using:

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co gdb

Building failed, with a warning that Tcl definitions could not be found.

The problem is the gdb/gdbtk sub-directory. This directory does not
appear in the GIT download (even though that's mirrored from CVS).
Delete this directory from the CVS download and everything builds just
fine.

So it looks like some admin surgery may be needed to remove the
gdb/gdbtk directory from the CVS tree.

Jeremy

(thanks to Phil Muldoon for pointing me at the GIT alternative)

--
Tel:      +44 (1202) 416955
Cell:     +44 (7970) 676050