[remote protocol] step range?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Fri Sep 5 02:32:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:14:07PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I know this subject has come up before...
>
> What about a remote protocol command that says
> "single step until you leave the range <begin> - <end>".

This used to be on my todo list.  I saw some fundamental problem with
it and removed it... but I forgot to write down what the problem was
:-(

It might have been related to the inlined functions work.  After that,
it's tricky to figure out what the end range should be.

> Would this for instance be a candidate for the new vCont extension?

Yes, that'd be the way to add it.  (If you can still call it "new" at
this point...)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery