how to examine data with compiler optimization option set?

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Tue Sep 2 21:57:00 GMT 2008

The documentation is slightly outdated, as stabs has hardly any support
for debugging optimized code.  Better stick with DWARF2/3.

> >Isn't that possible at all? (I am currently evaluating the debugging
> >facilities
> >of gdb)
>
> No it is not possible.

Note that the debugger behavior is usually expected considering
the debugging information generated by the compiler. I heard there
is some effort to improve the debugging information, but generally
speaking, debugging optimized code right now can be tricky.

--
Joel