Multiprocess GDB, formal spec

Stan Shebs stan@codesourcery.com
Fri Oct 31 19:57:00 GMT 2008

Marc Khouzam wrote:
> [...]
I hope so! I'm down to about three main breakages to fix, and we have a
design decision to make, namely whether to have a single target stack
shared by multiple inferiors, or make multiple instances of the target
stack.
>>> As the multi-process work seems to be progressing quite well, I was
>>> wondering if it was time to
>>> start looking at MI again?
>>>

>> Yes, now would be a good time. I had to neglect MI due to time
>> constraints on this project, but after people try their hand
>> at juggling
>> a half-dozen programs through the command line, I think an MI
>> alternative is going to get considerable interest all of a sudden. :-)
>>

> So does Vladimir and/or yourself have plans for MI to be enhanced
> correspondingly
> by the time this feature makes it into HEAD?

Not me, at the moment anyway. It's a little too big to sneak in amongst
my for-pay projects. :-)

Stan