gdbinit breakpoints

Michael Snyder msnyder@vmware.com
Tue Oct 28 23:48:00 GMT 2008

Russell Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
> I set in .gdbinit many breakpoints that are in a dl-loaded library:
>
>    b mem_terminate
>
> When starting gdb, i get:
>
>    Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) [answered N;
>        input not from terminal]
>
>    Function "mem_terminate" not defined.
>

> How do i make it answer "y" automatically?

"set breakpoint pending on"

(gdb) help set breakpoint pending
Set debugger's behavior regarding pending breakpoints.
If on, an unrecognized breakpoint location will cause gdb to create a
pending breakpoint.  If off, an unrecognized breakpoint location results in
an error.  If auto, an unrecognized breakpoint location results in a
user-query to see if a pending breakpoint should be created.