Query user with gdb MI intepreter
Denis PILAT
denis.pilat@st.com
Thu Oct 23 11:08:00 GMT 2008
Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Denis PILAT wrote:
>
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have a problem with the current gdb that, run from an eclipse
>> front-end using MI interpreter, query the user with defaulted_query ()
>> to prompt him to "Quit this debugging session?" .
>> Is that a normal behavior or not ?
>> I thought that gdb should not query user when using MI mode, but I can
>> we wrong, that's my point.
>> Here is part of th back trace. As you will see, we have an assertion
>> that comes from a problem with the frame unwinder, but I want first to
>> make sure that this assertion can request for user interaction or no.
>> The command that leads to the assertion is a simple -exec-next
>>
>
> I would have expected this query to be auto-asnwered as "yes". Is this not
> happening? If not, and GDB actually waits till the user types "yes", it's
> clearly a bug.
>
> - Volodya
>
>
>
>
Here is a proposal that prevents assert in gdb to query user.
The inconvenient (to me) is that when gdb ask user for generating a core
file, it *will* be generated and the user may not be aware of that.
I've though to disable the core file generation in MI mode, but I did
not so far. waiting for your feedback.
--
Denis
2008-10-23 Denis Pilat <denis.pilat@st.com>
* utils.c (defaulted_query): return the default value when using MI
interpreter.
Index: utils.c
===================================================================
--- utils.c (revision 293)
+++ utils.c (working copy)
@@ -1180,7 +1180,7 @@ defaulted_query (const char *ctlstr, con
/* Automatically answer the default value if input is not from the user
directly, or if the user did not want prompts. */
- if (!input_from_terminal_p () || !caution)
+ if (!input_from_terminal_p () || !caution || ui_out_is_mi_like_p (uiout))
return def_value;
if ((instream == stdin || instream == NULL) && deprecated_query_hook)
More information about the Gdb
mailing list