Problems debugging code with a dlopen

luca regini luca.regini@gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:37:00 GMT 2008

I have some code running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release
5.2 (Tikanga) that uses dlopen. When i run the code without any
debugging the dlopen call works fine but anyway when i try to debug
the code gdb always crash as soon as the dlopen function is called.
This is a very serious problem to me since it means that, at all
effects, i cannot debug the code that i am developing. This is the
un-informing error message that i got when gdb crashes:

Error while reading shared library symbols:
Cannot find new threads: generic error
Cannot find new threads: generic error

Thanks,
Luca