Some ideas of displaced step function

Pedro Alves pedro@codesourcery.com
Fri Oct 3 13:53:00 GMT 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 01:31:54, Michael Snyder wrote:

> Why are we using displaced-stepping when we're not async?

s/async/non-stop mode/g.  All-stop + async doesn't need
it either.  This feature was added for non-stop, as a way to
avoid lifting breakpoints from the inferior when stepping over
a breakpoint, otherwise, other running threads could miss them.

No other reason to have it always on other than for more
exposure, I guess.  Time to pull the plug?

I'd still like to have a way to enable displaced-stepping
in all-stop mode, as it's very useful for testing.

--
Pedro Alves