Calling inferior functions and MI notification

Pawel Piech pawel.piech@windriver.com
Mon Mar 31 17:39:00 GMT 2008

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Pawel Piech wrote:
>

>> It would be helpful if *running event included a "reason" field.  IDE's
>> ususally track the command they just sent to determine the reason for
>> resume event, but as it's an out-of-band record there is a possibility
>> of a race condition which could break the IDE assumption.
>>

> Hello Pawel,
>
> can you clarify what the 'reason' field should contain? I think that in
> general, reporting the command that caused the run might be impossible.

Too bad, because that's what I had in mind....  Like I said, IDE's
including Eclipse usually solve this problem on their own, though the
solution is theoretically susceptible to a race condition in cases where
multiple interfaces are used to interact with GDB simultaneously.
Cheers,
Pawel