Towards multiprocess GDB

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Thu Jul 31 22:04:00 GMT 2008

Stan Shebs <stanshebs@earthlink.net> writes:

> CodeSourcery has a project to add "multiprocess" capability to GDB,
> and with this message I'd like to kick off some discussion of what
> that means and how to make it happen.
>
> To put it simply, the goal of the project is to make this command work
> in some useful way:
>
>  gdb prog1 prog2 pid2 prog3 prog4

I am certainly interested in having this happen.  I just want to add
that in the cases I most care about the different programs are
actually running on different machines.  That should fall out pretty
naturally, using gdbserver, from this work if done right; I'm just
chiming in now to make sure that that capability is considered as a
goal from the start.  Thanks.

Ian