gdb.git: author username-to-Full_Name+email map: RFC

Thiago Jung Bauermann bauerman@br.ibm.com
Fri Jul 25 03:28:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 17:56 +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> I'm preparing a read-only git mirror of gdb's CVS repository.
> It will be automatically sync'd every ~30 minutes, just as the other
> http://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi mirrors are: glibc, lvm2, dm,
> automake[*].  This gdb.git mirror covers all branches and includes
> all history.

This is awesome. I look forward to use this mirror.
I also like the fact that git log show history for the binutils side
which affects GDB as well.

> It's important to get it right early,
> because redoing the mapping requires changing nearly every SHA1 in the
> resulting git repository, and that is very disruptive.

Do you know if there will be disruption if GDB moves to Subversion?

> If any of you would like to rely on this, please ensure that all
> of the files you care about are in the git repository.  For example,
> I heard that three tcl-related directories need not be included, so I
> excluded those along with the likes of ld, gold, gas, etc.

I just compiled from this repo in ppc-linux and ppc64-linux and I saw no
smoke, so it seems sane there.

Thanks for doing this.
--
[]'s