Breakpoint doesn't take in account full name in gdb 6.8

Sébastien Granjoux seb.sfo@free.fr
Thu Jul 24 21:44:00 GMT 2008


Hello,

Gdb 6.8 breakpoints don't take care of the path of the source files.

I'm debugging a program which includes several source files having the 
same name (in different directories). The program is compiled with 
debugging information including the full path and gdb 6.6 was working 
fine  on this. Now, when I set a breakpoint in one of these files, the 
program stopped in the first file found even if I have set the 
breakpoint in another file.

I was using mi2 interpreter and I get the following:

gdb -interpreter=mi2 /usr/local/bin/anjuta

(gdb)
  -break-insert -f 
/home/seb/Programmation/Anjuta/anjuta/plugins/debug-manager/plugin.c:232
^done,bkpt={number="1",type="breakpoint",disp="keep",enabled="y",addr="<PENDING>", 
pending="/home/seb/Programmation/Anjuta/anjuta/plugins/debug-manager/plugin.c:232", 
times="0"}
(gdb)
-exec-run
^running
(gdb)
*stopped,reason="breakpoint-hit",bkptno="1",thread-id="1", 
frame={addr="0xb5532c72",func="atp_plugin_class_init", 
args=[{name="klass",value="0x8607488"}],file="plugin.c", 
fullname="/home/seb/Programmation/Anjuta/anjuta/plugins/tools/plugin.c",line="232"}
(gdb)
-break-list
^done,BreakpointTable={nr_rows="1",nr_cols="6",hdr=[
{width="7",alignment="-1",col_name="number",colhdr="Num"}, 
{width="14",alignment="-1",col_name="type",colhdr="Type"}, 
{width="4",alignment="-1",col_name="disp",colhdr="Disp"}, 
{width="3",alignment="-1",col_name="enabled",colhdr="Enb"}, 
{width="10",alignment="-1",col_name="addr",colhdr="Address"}, 
{width="40",alignment="2",col_name="what",colhdr="What"}], 
body=[bkpt={number="1", type="breakpoint", disp="keep", enabled="y", 
addr="<MULTIPLE>", addr="0xb57917dd",times="1"}]}


I have tried without using mi2 commands and get the same result. Tell me 
if you need more information about this bug.


Sébastien



More information about the Gdb mailing list